Novel Telecom collects Personal Information primarily to supply customers with the products and services ordered from it and its related companies. We will only collect Personal Information where the information is necessary for Novel Telecom to perform one or more of its functions or activities. Personal information held by Novel Telecom can include your name, date of birth, current and previous addresses, phone numbers including landline and mobile, email addresses, bank account details, credit card information, occupation, drivers license number and any Novel Telecom login details and passwords. It is up to you whether you choose to supply personal information that we request from you however if you decide not to provide certain personal information we may not be able to provide you with the services you wish to ensue with Novel Telecom. If you choose to elect an Advocate or Authorized Representative as part of your service with Novel Telecom you may need to provide us with personal information about that person such as name, date of birth and the relationship that person has with you. If this is the case we rely on you to inform that individual that you are providing their personal information to Novel Telecom and to advise them that if they have further questions they can contact Novel Telecom for further information.
How Novel Telecom collects personal information
Novel Telecom collects personal information in a number of ways, including:.
- Directly from you, when you provide information by phone, email or in application forms or when you submit your personal details through our website
- From third parties such as our related companies, credit reporting agencies or your authorized representatives;
- From publicly available sources of information;
- When legally required to do so as under the Telecommunications Determination 2000
Novel Telecom also collects and uses Personal Information for secondary purposes including:
- Billing and account management
- Business planning and product development
- To provide individuals with information about promotions, as well as the products and services of other Novel Telecom companies and other organizations.
Novel Telecom will notify individuals of the matters listed below before collecting any Personal Information:
- The main reason that we are collecting Personal Information
- Other related Uses or Disclosures that we may make of the Personal Information
- Our identity and how individuals can contact us
- That individuals can access the Personal Information that Novel Telecom holds about them
- Individuals should contact our customer service department if they wish to access, correct or alter Personal Information collected by Novel Telecom
- Organizations to which we disclose Personal Information to
Where it is not practicable for Novel Telecom to notify individuals of all of the Collection Information before the collection of the Personal Information, Novel Telecom will ensure that individuals are notified of the Collection Information as soon as possible after the collection.
Novel Telecom will obtain an individual's consent for use of non-sensitive Personal Information for Secondary Purposes at the time of collection. Novel Telecom will not use Personal Information without taking reasonable steps to ensure that the information is accurate, complete and up to date.
- Verify your identity;
- Assist you to subscribe to our services
- Provide the services you require;
- Administer and manage those services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- Inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved;
- Conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
- Research and develop our services
- Gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in order for us to provide you with a better service; and also, your personal information is collected so that we can promote and market services to you (including by way of direct mail, telemarketing and email). This is to keep you informed of products, services and special offers and may continue after you cease acquiring services from us. If you do not wish us, to contact you to promote and market products, services and special offers to you, please call 1300 Novel Telecom number.
When we disclose your personal information
Novel Telecom may disclose your personal information to organizations outside of Novel Telecom. Novel Telecom may Disclose Personal Information to related or unrelated third parties if consent has been obtained from the individual. This will include obtaining the individual's consent for Disclosures made under the credit reporting requirements of the Privacy Act. Your personal information is disclosed to these organizations only in relation to us providing our services to you. These organizations carry out our:
- Customer enquiries;
- Mailing operations;
- Billing and debt-recovery functions;
- Information technology services;
- Installation, maintenance and repair services;
- Marketing and telemarketing
- Market research; and
- Website usage analysis.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that these organizations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information. Novel Telecom will take reasonable steps to ensure that its contracts with third parties include requirements for third parties to comply with the Use and Disclosure requirements of the Privacy Act and ensure that these organizations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations.
- Your authorized representatives or your legal advisers
- Credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
- Credit providers
- Our related companies;
- Our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- Other telecommunication and information service providers (for example, if you obtain services from other providers, we may need to disclose your personal information for billing purposes);
- Government and regulatory authorities and other organizations, as required or authorized by law; and organizations who manage our business and corporate strategies, including those involved in a transfer/sale of all or part of our assets or business (including accounts and trade receivables) and those involved in managing our corporate risk and funding functions (e.g. securitisation)
If a Disclosure is not for a Primary Purpose; is not for a related Secondary Purpose; or upfront consent has not been obtained, Novel Telecom will not Disclose Personal Information otherwise than in accordance with the exceptions set out above.
How Novel Telecom ensure accuracy of information
Novel Telecom takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. We will review, on a regular and ongoing basis, its collection and storage practices to ascertain how improvements to accuracy can be achieved. The accuracy of this personal information depends however to a large extent on the information you provide Novel Telecom with. It is important that you contact Novel Telecom to let us know if any of the information we have collected is incorrect or if any of your personal details have changed.
How Novel Telecom handles your personal information internally
Novel Telecom requires employees and contractors to perform their duties in a manner that is consistent with Novel Telecom 's legal responsibilities in relation to privacy. Novel Telecom will take all reasonable steps to ensure that paper and electronic records containing Personal Information are stored in facilities that are only accessible by people within Novel Telecom who have a genuine "need to know" as well as "right to know" basis Novel Telecom will review, on a regular and ongoing basis, its information security practices to ascertain how ongoing responsibilities can be achieved and maintained.
If Personal Information must be sent by Novel Telecom overseas for sound business reasons; Novel Telecom will require the overseas organization receiving the information to provide a binding undertaking that it will handle that information in accordance with the Australian National Privacy Principles, preferably as part of the services contract.
You can access your personal information
Novel Telecom will allow its records containing Personal Information to be accessed by the individual concerned in accordance with the Privacy Act. Novel Telecom will correct its records containing Personal Information as soon as practically possible, at the request of the individual concerned in accordance with the Privacy Act. Individuals wishing to lodge a request to access and/or correct their Personal Information should do so by contacting Novel Telecom in writing at the contact details listed below. Novel Telecom reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for and providing access to your information.
If you have any questions in relation to privacy, please email us on email@example.com Novel Telecom number between 11.00am and 8.00pm, Monday to Friday. Please note that this number is for general service enquiries so when calling in regard to Privacy please ask to speak to our Privacy Liaison.
Similar to our other policies we regularly review and edit this document so as to ensure its effectiveness and accurateness. We do so at the discretion and may do so without notice. The latest version will be available on our website and when we do make changes to it the changes will be posted on our website.